Rules and Regulations
- Membership is open to all the staff and the students of Thiru A. Govindasamy Govt. Arts College.
- Members are responsible for all the books borrowed on their cards.
- All final year student members should get “No Dues Certificate” (NOC) from the General Library.
- Similarly, the staff members who intend to leave the College should settle all the dues and obtain a “No Dues Certificate” (NOC) from the General Library.
|Category||No. Books Issued||Duration|
|Teaching Staff||6||30 days|
|Non-Teaching Staff Student Members (Under Graduate|
ISSUE AND RETURN OF BOOKS
- Books other than reference books will be issued to student members for a period of 15 days only. For teachers, the loan period is 30 days.
- One book will be issued at a time per member.
- Reference Books, Encyclopaedias, Hand Books, Dictionaries, Periodicals, will not be issued and THEY ARE ONLY FOR REFERENCE.
- Two renewals will be permitted if there are no reservations against these books. For renewal, books have to be presented physically at the library counter.
- Members, before leaving the counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books, which they intend to borrow, are in good condition and any damage/marking should be immediately reported to the Librarian failing which the member to whom the book was issued will be held responsible.
- Books that are in special demand shall be converted into reference and will not be issued to the members.
- Absence will not be accepted as an excuse for the delay in the return of books
- Members are advised to return/renew the books on or before due date marked on the book
- A borrowed book should be returned on the due date, failing which a penalty of Rs.1/- will be collected as overdue charge per day
- Undue delay in returning the books will result in the cancellation of membership
LOSS OF BOOKS
- Loss of books, if any, should be reported to the library immediately and it should be replaced with a new copy along with a levy of overdue charges if any.
- In case the borrower is unable to replace the books that are lost, he will be levied a penalty three times the cost of the book plus overdue charges, if any.
- Personal books, files and other articles (except a small notebook or loose sheets of papers) are not allowed inside the library.
- Silence should be observed strictly inside the library
- Using of Cell Phones inside the library is prohibited
- A member shall be responsible for any damage done by him/her to the books or other Library properties. He/she will be required to replace the book or other damaged property.
- Misbehaviour in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and also lead to serious disciplinary action by the Principal.
- Any marking or writing inside the books by the members is strictly prohibited. If any damage/marking is found, the member should replace the book.
- Not withstanding anything contained in these rules, the decision of the Principal of this college in all matters shall be final and binding.